In September 2020, Rooted NW purchased 240 acres in Snohomish County, Washington, including 180+ acres of prime farmland. Our mission with this land is to help farmers thrive by combining the power of community and cooperation with the flexibility and independence of individually owned micro-enterprises.
If you dream of owning the land you farm, living where you farm, having the opportunity to participate in a co-op (or not), and defining how to steward this land for generations — then reach out to us today!
Our vision is that Rooted NW will be a diversified farm fostering innovative new agricultural enterprises. The farmers who get involved (that’s you!) will shape and realize that vision.
We recognize that making a living in sustainable, organic agriculture is not easy. Farmland is expensive and hard to come by. Farming has high start-up and equipment costs, especially taking into account the time and risk required to develop and refine a regenerative system. Going it alone, day after day, can feel like a grind.
But imagine if…
- You were an owner in the land you farmed, with the ability to expand (or reduce) your acreage based on your evolving needs.
- You could run your own ag business but also work in close proximity to a variety of regenerative farmers eager to collaborate and share ideas.
- You lived where you worked, supported by a community that understands the challenges of farming and committed to the long view, allowing you to take risks.
- You had the opportunity to form labor, marketing, and equipment coops with your neighbors, maximizing the efficiency of every dollar you spend on your business.
- You were surrounded every day by a loving, intentional community rooting for you to succeed and helping make your life better in myriad small ways.
Here at Rooted NW we know every farmer’s goals and situation are unique. If our vision appeals to you and you’d like to find out how we can accommodate your specific situation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
For farmers interested in living in the community, we have options for home discounts, shared admin costs, and some agriculture infrastructure already in place.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Receive updates on our project including what's happening on the farm, community gatherings, farm-to-table dinners, harvest festivals, and upcoming info sessions.